Yesterday I was able to go with my nephews and the youth in their ward on a temple trip. It took two hours to drive to the Washington, DC temple. I was so super tired. I thought about doing baptisms with the group because I haven't done them for years. As I sat watching them I decided that I wanted to see what the DC temple looked like inside. In I went to go on a session. It was a little confusing getting where I needed to go, but fortunately there are such nice people inside the temple it wasn't a problem. I rented my clothes and in I went. After the session I was sitting in the Celestial room completely grateful that the temples dot the world today. I love going to the temple! I love the feeling of peace and tranquility. I love having the opportunity of helping those who have passed on without having the fullness of the gospel in their lives. I am awed at what gospel truths can be learned... even though I know that I haven't even tapped into a small grain of sand of what I could truly be learning. I am so grateful for eternal families! Where ever I move to or end up living I need to have a temple close by... the farthest distance I can handle is a 25 minute drive because I need to go to the temple. I need that influence in my life. I love going every single week but I guess I would survive if I was only able to go twice a month. I love temples and know they help us in our eternal progression!
Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting. I decided not to go to the singles ward and stay with my sister and her kids, after all that is why I came to Virginia... to be with them :) As I was hearing testimonies... I was thinking about mine. Life has been kind of difficult for me just being in the limbo phase of life... not really having any idea of what I will be doing next. I have been aweful in some circumstances, ungrateful... and down right mean, mostly to my mom (sorry mom... thanks for understaning :) I am sure I have a lot of repenting to do for those things... any way... During these last 5 months I have been having a break from life... but at the same time I have been able to help people which in return has helped me. I have been able to visit friends and family (thanks for letting me come, you know who you are), I did a nanny job for my good friend Amy, worked in our family business- The candy shop! and now I have been able to stay with Cindy for the past 4 weeks with 2 more to go and they have been great! Cindy has enjoyed having someone play with the kids and give her a little bit of a break. Her husband has been gone for more than a year now. Any way... I haven't really done much except play with the kids and keep my sister company... but it has been wonderful and I have been happy! I love the things kids say... I love how much they care about you... I love that they LOVE me! And its kind of fun watching them fight over the silliest things (probably because I am not the mom)! I love seeing that my nephews and neices have a testimony of the gospel. I have been fortunate enough to hear them share their testimonies. They have a great understanding of the gospel and it makes them happy. If I didn't have time to figure out my life I wouldn't be able to take the time to create wonderful memories with people I love. The Lord works in mysterious ways. You never know the end from the beginning. I'm glad that my testimony is strong enough that during hard times I know that it will all work out in the end and everything will be ok! Hopefully I can be more grateful during those times... but I do believe that we experience trials for our good and I was able to see a little bit of that today! Thank You My Loving Heavenly Father
Kids say the darndest thing moment:
Anna (turns 10 in 2 days) today during sacrament meeting has this conversation, it was so funny! Anna: "Hey Angela, let me see if you have gone through puberty yet?" Angela: "How do I do that?" Anna: "Let me see your belly button...(Angela lets Anna see your belly button)... oh your belly button is still an inny... you haven't gone through puberty yet" Cherice:"what are you talking about?" Anna: "Once you have gone through puberty your belly button is an outty" Cherice: "Ummm Anna... that's not the case... sometimes when a woman gets big and pregnant her belly button becomes an outty but it changes back. But your belly button doesn't change when you go through puberty" Anna: "hmm---are you sure?" Cherice: "ya, I am pretty sure... I have gone through puberty and I still have an inny belly button... I'll show you when we get home"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment